Good morning, slamalaikum, namaste, vanakkam, namaskar. As I type this, I’m listening to a radio station in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Radio Dhoni 91.2 FM, discovered quite by accident via iTunes only this last evening. It’s particularly interesting to me because I’m picking out more of the discussions during the news segments than I might have a few weeks ago while poking about on the Web. I’ve made plans this week to try my hand at going beyond simple prose, and come up with a few pieces of decent Bangla verse by next week. I’m approaching the next milestone in my textbook study and practice, and I’ll post a update of my progress when I reach it.
I’m still playing with ideas for graphic headers to use with more blog posts, and here are a couple of the trial results for Lyapunov’s Children and Ubi Dubium…
I’ll be bringing back the posting of once-a-week pictorials like Wordless Wotan’s Day and Cat Thursday, but NOT restricted to those days, while developing graphic headers for the given day of the work week they will be published. That means doing five distinct headers for each installment. That means much experimentation with images and fonts. It’s something I’ve already done on a smaller scale with the weekly fractal posts.
I’ve discovered a new skeptical podcast, The ESP: The European Skeptics Podcast, and will be posting a review and shoutout for the show this next Sunday.
It’s a big week ahead, with much to get done. It’s time to get this year underway!
- Ha, Ha… NO | S.A. Barton: Seriously Eclectic
- Ravens N’ Pennies | Carpe Blogiem: 2015 – A Year in Review
- Thursday Pages 7.1.16 | Realm of Empress Musie
- True Book Addict | Cat Thursday – Cats in Art (16)
- Just a quick stroll | windupmyskirt
The Odd, the Cool, the Gnuz & the Science
- 70 zebra finches play guitar in Montreal
- What is Bayes Theorem?
- The Morning Heresy | In the Pocket of Big Egg
- Stephen Hawking’s New Black Hole Paper – Translated
- A Disney Artist Mashed up Calvin & Hobbes with The Force Awakens
- Scientists bust myth that our bodies have more bacteria than human cells
- Watch the Cool Spectacle of Three Million Bats Going Night Hunting
- Noam Chomsky Calls Postmodern Critiques of Science Over-Inflated “Polysyllabic Truisms”
- The Man Who Studies the Spread of Ignorance
- The Messy Minds of Creative People
- Colonizing Mars with Bas Lansdorp | StarTalk Radio Show
- Monkeys express spite toward those who have more
- The Joy of Psyching Myself Out
The Blog Stats:
- Posts Currently Published: 2496
- Total Pageviews: 167,222
- Comments Count: 2453
- This blog’s Facebook Likes: 40
- WordPress & Email Subscribers: 300
- Tumblr Fellows: 1456
- Twitter Fellows: 2292
Song for Skeptics: Keisha Gray & George Hrab