Whelp, a month of study gone by, another soon to recede from future to past, and a lot more learned. I’ve recently completed a course in Philosophy of Religion (even as one of those Vile Heathens™), Philosophy of Science (because Science!!), and this month I’ll be continuing an introductory Forensic Science course with a mixture of others on my viewing schedule.
In a couple of days or so, Tamil study resumes in earnest with continued revising on most other previous subjects. I’m having a blast learning languages from the South Asian subcontinent and thereabouts, my favorite region of the planet in terms of its diverse peoples and rich history, and I expect to continue doing so at least for a couple of more years into more advanced study.
None of this is currently being done at university. It’s all informal study.
I’ve decided on a new policy: To create a new fictional character each week, and learn a new word, in any language I know or am learning, each day. So far, keeping pace in my blogging and study activities has been fruitful. I multitask when I must, but I know I’m not that good at it, so I single-task on several things in sequence each day, making time to do what needs doing and readying tasks for later when that’s not possible.
Here’s a month full of wonders and with hope, more free of hardship and personal trials than usual for you all. I’ll be sprinkling a bit of Tamil vernacular in my posts as well as the speech of my alien Kai’Siri this month, and working on ideas for a new blog series, Lost in Translation, dealing in depth and context with particular words in a language being developed or studied.
Talotaa frang. Talotaa kas. Talotaa tranga suulaat.
Oh, heck. Just stay brilliant.
- Ravens N’ Pennies | Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Words of Creation
- Saturday Slices 1.8.15 | Realm of Empress Musie
- July’s Flash Fiction for Patrons: PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH | S.A. Barton – Seriously Eclectic
- Running Wild With Bear Grylls Season Two: All New Adventure Episodes | Vikram Roy’s Blog
The Odd, the Gnuz & the Sciencey
- “Golden jackals” of East Africa are Actually Golden Wolves
- How ocean currents pushed missing Malaysian Air flight debris across Indian Ocean to Reunion
- New acupuncture clinic closed by Ottawa Public Health
- Cobra found in Houston high-rise apartments euthanized
- Searching for the Valley’s Bigfoot
- Why Buffalo Dirty Snow Pile Still Hasn’t Melted Yet
- Vatican skeptical about close encounters of the third kind
- Another Northern White Rhino Dies – and Then There Were Four
- The Future of American History
- Audiophile’s Dilemma: Strangers can’t identify $340 cables either [Updated]
- Huge Python Captured in Everglades National Park
- We’ve Modified Our Behavior So We Can Both Text and Walk
- Obama Wants the US to Build the Worlds Fastest Supercomputer
- Buy a Brick Campaign | The Planetary Society
- Gullible Press Falls for Blindfold Trick Again
- How The Brain Purges Bad Memories
- The Kodkod is the Cutest Cat You Never Knew Existed
- Scaremongering about Cell Phones
Weekly/Monthly Blog Stats:
- Posts Currently Published: 2,355
- Weekly Pageviews: 305
- Monthly Pageviews: 994
- Total Pageviews: 161,664
- Comments Count: 2,299
- This blog’s Facebook Likes: 40
- WordPress & Email Subscribers: 290
- Tumblr Fellows: 1,188
- Twitter Fellows: 2,272