G’day. Today I’m posting my favorite piece from the past week, my first real experimentation with fog-effects, which will be going into the next segment of my Mandelbulber tutorials. Image rendering has been slow this week, but productive if not prolific, and represents a major step toward professional quality in use of the software.
I’ve been posting a wee bit too much this week, though on different blogs, so I’ll be spacing out a bit more the posting schedules of each site’s entries from here on. I’ve gotten much done, and I’ve finally gotten the material I need to begin my Indic language studies, beginning with Tamil, and going onto Hindi and Bengali once I space study and practice sessions to sidestep the interference effect. Yes, they are distinct languages, but there are enough similarities to confuse the unwary student if studied at the same time. The Ebooks are already installed in my toys for reading, and I’ve just received notification that the print copy Bengali books I ordered are now being shipped — Yay!
This will be the first time in years I’ve really gotten into studying new languages, from Latin in highschool, Japanese in college, and Tagalog near the end of the 1990s. I’ve always loved learning languages because to be any good at them, you have to learn something of the cultures that speak them, and that’s always cool!
But I’ve rambled enough. Here is the image for this week, at 1200×1600 pixels. Click to ginormify…
All JPEG, PNG & GIF images in this post are original works by the author,created via Mandelbulber, Fractal Domains, Ultra Fractal , and Mandelbulb 3D and are copyright unless otherwise specified 2014 by Troy Loy.