G’day. I’m taking a break from a few things to allow for study and for research on a project of mine, and to recover from the recent funeral service I attended this last Wednesday. That includes much live posting on this blog, though I’ll continue to update it with queued posts.
I’m experimenting with Mandelbulber again and learning new tricks with Fractal Domains, so I’m keeping myself busy reading and generating images. As I type this, I’m at the game shop getting ready to review notes and take new ones from my literary and creative writing courses, both quite good so far, and I’ll post reviews of them when they are completed, or perhaps do those of individual lectures as I finish studying from them, which should be fun. 😉
My sympathies go out to twitterer @Ravenpenny and his family on the passing of his grandmother, and a shoutout to my friends Kate, Kari and Stu Barton in thanks for their fantastic support this week.
Peeps like you make this oblate spheroid of a planet go ’round.
- Sunday Evening Commentarium for 2013/06/02
- Science Denial, Science Education, and Social Justice
- Sharon Hill – Sounds Sciencey at NECSS 2013
- 10 Questions for Neil deGrasse Tyson
- French Bulldog vs Cat
- Fractals of the Week: Blogging Hiatus Thumbnail Edition
- ‘I Am Offended’ – Richard Dawkins @ UC Berkeley
- Nanomaterials: The Science of the Small
- Calculating the Odds of Intelligent Life
- How Rationality Can Make Your Life More Awesome
- The Science of Consciousness
- Slacktivism — helpful or not?
- Gullibility and Pseudoscience: Bridged by Headlines
- Little Kitten — Lawrence Leung looks at Reality Television
- Star Trek — Into Bad Science
- Teh Return of the Hideous Dog from the Philippines
- PA House Bill 612 on licensing naturopaths: Opposition fail
- In Conversation: Shelley Segal and Mr Oz Atheist
Gnuz & Odd Stuff
- Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Kicked Out of Bilderberg Conference Hotel (Video). Again. He just can’t mind his Ps and Qs, can he?
- Seattle woman attempts to live on sunlight, water Suicidal much? Silly human, photosynthesis is for plants!
- Oh, those tricksy little goblins… Prophet sends goblins to steal woman’s g-strings. Drama as goblin falls out of man’s trousers in a commuter omnibus. This seems to happen a lot in Zimbabwe….
- Creationist advocates Biblical flood in Iowa media
- Scientists find oldest feathered dinosaur yet: Sorry, Archaeopteryx. — Maybe, if it hasn’t merely been faked like many fossils out of China have been…
- Side effects may vary: the growing problem of unregulated medical apps.
- An insider opens up about problems with paranormal investigation.
- GOP Candidate: Yoga Opens You to Satanic Possession – Garance Franke-Ruta Quite silly. I’m ashamed for my state when people like this can get into public office…
- …and for this, as well — Virginia man pleads no contest in daughter’s death, saying he believed demon possessed her.
- Europe’s updated Particle Physics Plan Weighty with Global Implications
- Can a mammoth carcass really preserve flowing blood and possibly live cells?
- Ghost Stories: Scams Targeting S.F.’s Cantonese Community Reveal the Terrible Power of Belief.
- 129,290 pageviews,
- 1920 comments approved (deleted intra-site pingbacks),
- 2,123 posts published as of this update,
- 210 awesome WordPress & email subscribers,
- 2,040 Twitter fellows,
- 19 Likes on this site’s FB page,
- and 272 Tumblr fellows.
Thank you all!
Amazing Resonance experiment!
Buzz Aldrin & Thomas Dolby Perform “She Blinded me with Science”